OBS Plugin for PTZOptics Cameras
Integrate camera control, hotkeys, and more.
OBS PTZ Camera Controls
NEW: Try our new Dockable OBS Controllers
Below is the installable OBS plugin:
PTZOptics Camera Control Applications
Download the PTZOptics camera control applications available for both Mac or PC here (An OBS plugin is also available) for Open Broadcaster Software on Windows machines. These stand alone PTZ camera control applications have the following features:
- Control up to 8 PTZOptics cameras over an IP connection (LAN)
- xBox Joystick Controller Support (PC Only)
- Compact, Advanced and Preview Modes
- Live Video Preview Mode with automatic camera switching (Windows Only)
- Full Screen Camera Preview Modes (SD & HD Options for bandwidth conservation) (Windows Only)
- Name each unique camera
- Set up to 9 camera presets
- Name each unique preset & capture image representations
- Pan, Tilt and Zoom Speeds
- Pan & Tilt Speed Locks
- Iris Controls
- Focus Controls (With Focus Speed)
- Selectable exposure modes (Auto, Manual, SAE, AAE and Brightness)
- Advanced image controls for Contrast, Luminance, and Hue
- Select between exposure modes
- Flip and Mirror camera image
- On Screen Display Controls
- Real-time reporting of camera options status
Note: You must have the most up to date firmware to use these apps
You can check to see if your camera is running the latest (v6.2.50 or later) version of our firmware. You can download the latest firmware here
Additionally inside the PTZOptics Control pane, you have buttons to store camera presets. Some OBS users have reported that it is easier to build PTZ camera controls into each scene using a “Browser” input. To do this you can use the new HTTP-CGI Command Sheet from PTZOptics. This allows you to select a command and build it into your OBS scene via the web browser input. You can download the HTTP-CGI Command Sheet here PTZOptics.com/Downloads. This is an interesting example of extending the power of OBS with a video production plugin.
About the Dockable Controllers
Using versions of OBS 24.0 and newer you can set up dockable PTZ camera controls inside of your OBS interface. Once you have downloaded the latest 24.0 (or greater) version of OBS, you can install it and find a new feature for “Custom Browser Docks”.
The new feature used to create custom dockable PTZ camera controllers are called “Custom Browser Docks” and it can be found under the main “View” dropdown menu nested in the “Docks” area. You can download our pre-designed PTZ camera control modules for use with OBS or customize your own with the downloads on this page.